GODLESS takes a compelling look at a growing subculture with no faith or belief in any god but which nonetheless emulates many of the structures and practices of organized religion and poses the question, why?
• Celebrate the holidays – only without God?
• Teach non-supernatural interpretations of religious texts?
• Hold services and even Sunday schools?
• Provide community outreach?
• And in some cases even risk their lives for the freedom to express their non-beliefs?
It’s one thing to do all this for one’s beliefs but what’s the motivation for those with no faith or fear of God? This two-part documentary explores the many motivations of the godless and asks if a crusade to encourage people to abandon religious faith is worth it.